Sunday 7 November 2010

Fitting the Chain

Now my alignment issues are over………. and the rear wheel spacer is fitted, I have re-checked that my Tranny and rear wheel sprockets are definitely ‘in line’ with a steel straight edge…. its now time to fit the chain. I’ve always known the chain was to long………so yesterday I took out one link. ( a kit came with the bike to do this). I wanted to keep the rear axel as tight to the bolt tensioners as possible, this will give plenty of room for chain stretch…… plus the tyre is a closer fit to the fender which looks better.
 
Im getting there!
I will use a steel 'dolly' and a small hammer to bang over the rivit heads.... I will do this at the end of the build... just in case I have to take the chain back off!
The wheels pulled as far forward as possible.  (mocking up the belt drive assembly in the pic!).

No comments:

Post a Comment