Sunday 24 October 2010

Running and Hiding those Wires



Started soldering the wires together below the fuel tank postion. (from handle bars to Harness Control Module).  Dipped the bare ends in flux and then 'tin' each end and cover in heat shrink

Engine wires for Ignition System etc

Engine wires exit below seat.... hardly seen
 
Hiding those wires under the seat.  Making sure I removed all the sharp bits around the holes using a file.....and protected the wiring with PVC tape and lots of thick heat shrink.

Up through the downtube.
Hidden under the fuel tank
Ready for connections
Handy book for wiring tips!
I carried on with some more wiring this weekend… that’s running the front end wiring from the Harness Controller (fitted below the Tranny) up through the backbone of the frame. It was a matter of drilling two 15mm holes….one in the frame and one below the seat. I was then able to feed the bulk of the wiring up into position where I can make all the connections below the fuel tank.

Theres more holes to come...... Ive still got the rear end wiring to hide!!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Steven, you are living my dream with what you are doing now. I have same plan in the future. The only worry is, unlike you, I am not mechanically inclined.

    Anyway I am bookmarking your blog for daily visit. Keep it posted and good luck with your Lo Boy bobber project !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that, please join as a follower (see top of page on right) and you will receive auto emails.

    You don’t need to be that mechanically minded… Its more like a big jigsaw puzzle….

    I don’t think id be able to build one from scratch!

    Steve.

    ReplyDelete