Wednesday 26 January 2011

Fire Her Up

I managed to get Frankie just to quickly film me running her for the first time. She ran great.....(apart from me remembering how to change gear!!). Theres so much more power than my Ironhead Sporty, you have to seriously hang on when you blip the throttle. The riding postions fine, and your so busy trying to stay on, you forget about the sprung forks and the solo seat!!




Tony came round tonight, and we decided to try and start the bike! We filled the fuel tank, bled the fuel through the carb and re-checked the timing. She fired up almost straight away. Everything seems to be fine......... apart from next door banging on the wall!!

The carb still needs setting... i will wait till i have a few miles on the bike, let the engine bed in, and there’s a few oil leaks to rectify.

I will wait for a dry day now and get her out the front of the house on the road, set the carb and check the clutch and the gears are working properly. Sounds amazing ####......... Loud as hell (new it would be).

I will document the trip to the test station next.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could have seen your smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers again for the seat buddy, my daughter has put about 4 layers of dark brown polish on it and its come to life! Looks great....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Steve, just make sure that polish don't end up on you're arse!

    ReplyDelete