Sunday 29 August 2010

Engine Check /Dry Build/ Mock up

Lo Boy

I have sent the oil tank off to be nickel plated today. I thought it would look different and a bit more classy than the usual paint job. Have fitted the motor just to make sure there’s no hitches later when I install it permanently on the freshly painted frame. I had to remove the heads to get it into the frame. (god its heavy!). I was missing some fender fastenings and spacers too, so these are being sent from Southern Motorcycles, Ive also decided to fit a rear fender support (round bar) this will give an ‘old school’ look, and I will also get this plated. It will give more support if I decide to fit a pillion pad and get Fran on the back!

Started bolting a few bits on the Tranny
Got the engine in ( temporary)......so I can start mocking up the rear end


Have Ebayed my tank bib. Its black stitched leather (will run around the fuel filler and down the tank) to match the seat. A tank bib is basically a protector to stop scratches, but most of all I think they look cool. Ive also located some tyre valve caps with the Harley logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment